Westcourt specializes in the sourcing and due diligence of alternative investment strategies and in the construction of diversified alternative-focused investment portfolios designed to protect capital and provide attractive risk-adjusted returns in all market environments. As a registered Portfolio Manager, Westcourt has advised on the allocation of over $4 billion in assets since the firm was founded in 2009. For further information please refer to our website at www.westcourtcapital.com
We are looking for a full-time Data Analyst to join the Operations team. The Data Analyst is responsible for generating client reports, and supporting the development and maintenance of Westcourt’s database, and client reporting software. The Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and reliability of Westcourt’s data, and identifying process improvements.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Engage in the monthly and quarterly client reporting.
- Create and maintain database documentation and business processes.
- Manage, reconcile, and track fund data to ensure accuracy of information and flow.
- Identify and implement automation and process improvements for the reporting process.
- Partner with IT staff and other stakeholders to clarify objectives, determine feasibility and business implications.
- Liaison with external and internal stakeholders, and Third-Party Vendors to address a variety of data integration issues including migration of data between disparate databases, reporting integration, setting up new funds, reconciling between external fund units and cash.
- Complete ad-hoc queries and lists for other internal departments.
- Develop complex SQL queries using join operators, subqueries and correlated queries, functions, set operators, virtual tables and procedures for large datasets to meet the needs of reoccurring events i.e. KYC reporting
- Disseminate reports and data analysis to relevant team members and senior management.
- Assist senior management with defining plans, policies and procedures to ensure that the data systems remain operational and meet current and future business needs.
- Create, run and act upon exception reports to ensure the integrity of data entered into Westcourt’s database.
- Troubleshoot data-related issues and establish regular maintenance.
Education and Skill Requirements
We are looking for a team player who enjoys a high-performance culture, who is comfortable and flexible with constantly evolving priorities, and who is open to new challenges. They should demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience in the financial services industry
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel and Access; Ability to write queries and reports in Access.
- Technical experience with SQL is an asset.
- Ability to understand and use basic financial theory and tools.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills, and an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
Inclusion & Equal Opportunity
Westcourt Capital Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and respect in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Westcourt Capital Corporation are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Westcourt Capital Corporation is proud to provide interview & employment accommodation during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to work with you to best meet your needs.
Prior to Commencing Employment
Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required for employment.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.